Author Topic: Remove location restrictions for raids, at least temporarily  (Read 4715 times)

Shibari

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Remove location restrictions for raids, at least temporarily
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:10:31 pm »
There just aren't enough players to justify this right now, and the in-game interface for raids is really confusing and useless.  People show up in invite and you have no idea (well, i do now) if that means they're in the area, online, or whatever, typing things in chat usually means nobody will see it, etc.

The result is group content is insanely hard to do.  Pretty much limited to people who hang out in IRC, and even then the movement restriction regularly keeps people from being able to do raids.

I'm leveling an alt to group with myself for the first slime raid with my level 40 character because attempting to do it with people that actually need it would be pointless and nearly impossible.  This is a problem.

Nipal

• Bunnies
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Remove location restrictions for raids, at least temporarily
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »
or permanently.

i've been thinking about this for a while now, raid requirement is simply handled like any regular
dungeon area, that's why it's bound to cities. i guess we should really make an exception for this.

however, chat and invitations are global and even cross-mode. it means anyone can talk to you
or invite you to any group contents. the requirement is checked for the whole group only when it's
ready to launch.

anyway, expect the city requirement to be removed for raid contents in the next patch. (if i don't
forget to do that ^^)

Gabbin

• Wanderer
  • Just stupid
    • View Profile
Re: Remove location restrictions for raids, at least temporarily
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:33:01 pm »
Welcome back, long distance raiding!